|Purchasing Coordinator (|
Do you see yourself as a Purchasing Coordinator at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb Hotel?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb is Set 2 km from Muscat City Centre shopping mall, this laid-back, modern hotel is 9 km from Muscat International Airport. The 185 rooms equipped with an array of modern amenities and latest technology.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the general guidance of the Purchasing Manager within the limits of InterContinental hotels Group policy and procedure is responsible for translating the business plan into the material and service requirements of the hotel and plans and executes their acquisition storage, and issuance.
- Coordinates functions and activities with other department heads as appropriate.
- Interacts with I.P.S. and other vendors for acquisition of materials.
- Participates in negotiations for service contracts.
- Identifies and develops reliable sources of supply.
- Establishes adequate record keeping and issuance procedures.
- Protects inventories from waste, spoilage and theft.
- Keeps abreast of the marketplace as to innovation and value.
- Processes purchase requests from departments
- Obtains competitive quotations and bids.
- Ensure physical stock take is conducted as scheduled.
- Posts orders to inventory module and produces purchase order for receiver to match against goods received.
- Place approved orders, Establishes standard purchasing specifications.
- Ensures products and resources are assigned to the appropriate department and billed accordingly.
- Ensures that market surveys are completed in coordination with the Executive Chef, and Cost Controller.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes.
- Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Familiarize yourself with the company values and model desired behaviors.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related curriculum; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing procedures
- Basic knowledge of business principles and processes and office protocol
- Microsoft Operating System and Office Applications, including strong Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Highly effective and persuasive communication skills
- Vendor relations management
- Filing and document management
- Proficient and accurate ten-key and keyboard data entry
- Process improvement and documentation
- Attention to detail
- Time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Observant, analytical, inquisitive and attentive
أخر الوظائف الشاغرة