View Vacancy – Head Steward – HMA Residence
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Embassy, Muscat has vacancy for the post of Head Steward – HMA Residence, Grade S1.
Main purpose of job:
• Ensure house areas and outside space are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed
• Responsible for table service, including table settings, flower arrangements, silverware polishing and inventory, greeting guests and signing of visitor book
• Responsible for management of the Residence alcohol store and stock inventory
• Supervise staff and work with other teams to ensure that the items/ services required are available when needed
• Carry out other reasonable tasks, such as meetings with Chef/ Residence Manager, phone calls and collating list of cleaning and ancillary requirements
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Wipe downstairs glass surfaces such as windows and doors making sure they are left spot free
• Dust and polish furniture and fittings in private sitting room, Residence Manager’s office and VIP guest bedrooms and HMA study, reporting any damages found during the procedure
• Vacuuming of staircase
• Terrace and pool area cleaning/ mopping
• Wash VIP guest bathrooms using cleaning supplies and materials and ensure that bathroom supplies such as toilet rolls are replenished
• Keep track of inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment
• Change bed linen and ensure that soiled or dirty linen is delivered to the laundry area
• Alcohol store and stock inventory (after each event & monthly stock takes)
• Arranging flowers from the Residence grounds
• All silver polishing (every second week & polish when required for functions)
• Liaise with onsite garden and maintenance teams
• Greet Residence guests upon arrival and provide excellent customer service
• Prepare tables for functions by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
• Serve food and beverages to Residence house guests and function guests
• Ensure general cleanliness of staff quarters when required along with the pantry and basement areas
• Any other duties required by the Ambassador
The candidate will need to demonstrate the following competencies during the interview:
• Managing a Quality Service: People, who are effective in this area plan, organise and manage their time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service.
• Leading and Communicating: Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. It’s about supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all and a dedication to a diverse range of citizens.
• Delivering Value for Money: The efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. Seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
• Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. For all staff, it’s about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
• Knowledge of English language
• Proven work experience in relevant field
• Flexibility to work shifts
• Ability to work independently and remain motivated
• Strong organisational and multitasking skills with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Active listening skills and effective communication skills
• The ability to work within a team
• First Aid
• Basic Food Hygiene/ Handling
Working Conditions and Remuneration:
The Embassy offers an attractive working environment and remuneration package for the role, including: salary of 550 Omani Riyals per month inclusive of all allowances; recreational facilities including a swimming pool and social club.
Working pattern for this position is below (where staff would alternate shifts each week):
Sunday to Wednesday: 0730 to 1530 hrs (Shift Pattern A); 1200 to 2000 hrs (Shift Pattern B)
Thursday: 0730 to 1530 hrs (Shift Pattern A); Day off (Shift Pattern B)
Friday: Day off (Shift Pattern A); Day off (Shift Pattern B)
Saturday: Day off (Shift Pattern A); 1200 to 2000 hrs (Shift Pattern B)
The Embassy has excellent working conditions and recreational facilities including a swimming pool and social club. There is a holiday entitlement of 30 days per year (pro rated) following successful completion of a 3 month probation period. Holidays that have already been booked will be honoured. There are also national holidays determined annually by the Embassy which usually total 14 days per year.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
** (Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 5 March 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Telephone applications and enquiries will not be accepted.
The successful applicant’s employment will only be confirmed after the completion of any security clearance/checks. The checks can take several weeks to complete and the applicant will only be employed if the UK security clearance is granted.
The British Embassy Muscat is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staffs recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Omani Employment Law.
أخر الوظائف الشاغرة
- شركة مسقط غاز | وظيفة شاغرة
- مركز السلطان قابوس العالي للثقافة والعلوم | فتح باب التسجيل للدراسة
- مجموعة القرم التجارية | وظائف شاغرة
- شركة تعمل في مجال البريد | وظيفة شاغرة
- تكاتف عمان | فرص تدريبية لخريجي الدبلوم العام
- هيئة المنطقة الإقتصادية الخاصة بالدقم | وظائف شاغرة
- أوكسجين للخدمات الرقمية | تدريب صيفي | وظيفة شاغرة
- شركة الشرق الأوسط لحلول الموارد البشرية | وظيفة شاغرة
- طيران السلام | وظائف شاغرة للعمانيات في الضيافة الجوية
- ديوان البلاط السلطاني | وظائف شاغرة